Tuesday, June 7, 2011

À Bientôt





I didn’t fall in love with the city until I fell in love with its people. There was no better way to spend my last evening in this city than with close friends. Friends (Janna, Felix and Rob M.) and I cooked in the evening and prepared a most wonderful meal.

With the city as our backdrop the rooftop burst into color and laughter as we gathered and feasted. I was thinking how much easier it may have been for us to just go out somewhere with a ready-made environment. Then I realized how beautiful it was to see all these people come together and create their own environment. The biggest gift (other than the surprise Bakeway carrot cake <3 Felix) was seeing different communities join together and make new friends. I felt so loved. The night owls gathered in Astoria Park, sat under the big dipper and told jokes. As much as I wanted to I was too excited and blissful to cry.


– Recipes

Gallo Pinto

Photo Credit: Janna Dyk
Rice
2 Can of Black Beans
2 Peppers
1 Onion
1 Clove Garlic
Cumin
Red Pepper Flakes
Salt
Pepper
-----
Chips
Sour Cream
Cilantro

Begin Your Rice.
Sautee onion, garlic, cumin and pepper flakes till golden brown. 
Add peppers. Add beans (keep ½ can of bean juice). Simmer.
While Cooking chop Cilantro, Lime, Sour cream
Garnish & Serve Warm with Corn Chips

Janna’s Fresh Guacamole
2 Avocado
1 Large Tomato
Lemon / Lime Juice
Cilantro

Chop, Mash And Mix ingredients together to taste.

Sangria Blanca
2 Bottles White Wine
2 Fresh peaches
2 Fresh Mangos
2 Oranges
1 ltr Seltzer Water
Passion Fruit juice – (to taste)
Sugar  (to taste)

Cube fruit, leaving the oranges in rounds.
Mix, Soak, Serve over Ice.

Carob Cookies
- Secret




Thank you all who have loved and supported me through this beautiful adventure. You have all blessed me beyond words. New York - Friends - I will see you again someday. À Bientôt (see you soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment