Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Designer Christmas



You know you are the world’s biggest nerd when under the tree Christmas day sits packaged fonts, and the Pantone Color Library, that at the sight of want to make you wet your pants.

I spent much time strolling through the leaflets of gradating color. I ran my fingers over the coated and uncoated color bridge and felt like I held the key to the color kingdom. These are going to come in handy for sure!

It’s also so exciting when fonts come in the mail! These spectacular little pieces of software seem to be so elusive. They live in all your programs and can be found in a digital book, – to have a tangible copy of them seems a little like holding marbles. How crazy is it that once it took a whole room to house all the fonts one could now fit onto a disc. I think that if I lived in Venice in the renaissance I would most definitely have been a punch cutter and would have lived in one of those storehouses.  

No comments:

Post a Comment